Legislative Session Resources
Find out what’s happening when and where at the State Capitol during both session and off session.
Bills, Resolutions, and Memorials
Get information on all of the bills, resolutions, and memorials at the State Capitol.
Search for your state legislators and their contact information.
Back Home Lobbying
Here are some tips for staying in touch with your legislators and speaking with them on important issues.
- Visit GoVoteColorado.com if unsure of your Senate and House district (under Find My Registration). This is also the online site to register to vote or manage your voter registration if your personal information changes.
- Visit your legislators’ websites and sign up to receive emails, newsletters or updates. This is a great way to get to know your legislators, learn about their priorities and find opportunities to meet them in your hometown.
- Follow your legislators and interact with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Practice telling your story succinctly – who you are, where you teach/work and why you love what you do – before attending an event or talking with your legislator.
- Attend a town hall or event hosted by your legislator. Before attending, connect with your local association leaders or legislative liaisons about current bills or issues affecting public education.
- Know the local news sources in your community – newspapers, radio/TV stations, bloggers – and understand how news is shared in your community and what people are saying about public schools. For a state-level perspective, follow Chalkbeat Colorado, the state’s largest online news source devoted to covering education issues.